“Serving on the Austin City Council is one of the greatest honors of my life." — Leslie Pool
Elected in 2014, Council Member Pool's expansive legislative record focuses on the environment and sustainability, transportation, open government accountability and transparency, as well as ethics, campaign finance, and lobbyist reform and reporting requirements.
Leslie has led on the city’s multiple strategies on climate protection, including action calling for a Community Climate Resilience Plan, and, more recently, broadening the city’s resilience efforts to focus on economic, social and racial disparities.
Leslie is a diligent advocate for increased investments in civic assets like community parks, swimming pools, libraries, trails, and open space. In 2015, Leslie traveled to Paris to represent Austin at the historic United Nations Climate Conference (COP21). The objective of the Paris Summit was to achieve a binding, universal agreement on climate. An additional outcome was renewed focus on cities as natural leaders in attaining net zero emission and environmental sustainability goals.
Support the Re-election Campaign!
Get a Yard Sign
Show your Support with a yard sign!
Volunteer with the campaign!
- Chair, Balcones Canyonlands Coordinating
- Vice chair, Audit & Finance
- Vice chair, Austin Energy Utility Oversight
- Vice chair, Water Utility Oversight
- Trustee, City of Austin Employees Retirement System
- Past chair, Open Space, Environment, and Sustainability
- Past chair, Austin Energy Utility Oversight
- Past member, Public Safety, Judicial, and Economic Opportunity Committees
- Represent the people of Austin, not special interests.
- Keep Austin affordable for all our families.
- Protect neighborhoods and keep them safe and family friendly.
- Support local small businesses.
- Preserve Austin’s unique environment, character, and quality of life.